Recensionens detaljer

(Updated: januari 12, 2017)
Poäng 

Whisky

Tastenote titel
This is the english version of the Diageo Special Release Caol Ila 30yo
Doft
NOSE:

Poured straight out in the glass, we got a fresh maritime nose with tar, lemon and sea water.
We let it breed in the glass for a while…still maritime with tar and ginger but also some sweet vanilla along with almonds.
Behind all this, earthy notes of tobacco and some liquorice and after even more time, far, far away, I pick up some Italian taleggio cheese!?!
I know this might sound bizarre, but it´s just like a feather behind it all, and got my attention.
We are talking about a big depth in this one.
Very complex and interesting nose with a good balance between attitude, the maritime, sweetness and charred oak…fantastic
Smak
MOUTH:

If the nose was big, we are now taking the elevator up a few levels.
Big, complex with a huge portion of attitude, but also some light sweetness and oily texture with more salt, spicy oak...really sharp in a good way.
The oak never gets too aggressive and harsh, instead very well balanced and dynamic.
Some light vanilla which cuts the tops in a nice way.
Avslut
FINISH:

Long, medium-bodied with a light sweet vanilla in the bottom, and on the top some lemon, salt and ashes.
I also pick up some light liquorice, and in the end, some light vanilla with a very late hint of saffron.
Beskrivning / Sammanfattning
CONCLUSION:

A long-awaited release that also lives up to my expectations and the price…well…I think I have to go along and say it´s affordable even if it´s around 500 Euros.
If you get the chance to try it, don't let it go.
Var denna recensionen till någon hjälp? 

Kommentarer

Ordna 

ornament

Online Whisky People!

Gå med nu, det är gratis!

Om TasteNote.se

TasteNote är en mötesplats för whisky-intresserade. Här kan du träffa nya vänner, läsa om whiskynyheter, hitta olika whisky-evenemang och mässor, läsa de senaste från dryckesindustrin och sist men inte minst skriva och ta del av tastenotes.

Vårt mål och ambition är att erbjuda alla whiskyentusiaster runt om i Norden en plats att samlas kring och dela erfarenheter.

Bli medlem nu!

info@tastenote.se