Recensionens detaljer

Laphroaig 27 / 1980
Whisky
(Updated: augusti 23, 2016)
Poäng 

Whisky

Tastenote titel
This is the English verision of the legendary Laphroaig 27yo 1980.
This is a vatting of 5 Oloroso casks.

This is what we call a Dream Dram
Doft
NOSE:

This is almost an perfect, full-bodied sherry and peat nose with tons of different spices along with the earthy influences.
It´s a complex and fat nose that just keeps getting more interesting while it stands in the glass.
Sweet elements of sherry, plums, sultanas, burnt sugar, cream brulee that blends up with ash from a camp fire, tar and cocoa.
Even some maritime notes of sea breeze and behind all this some chili chocolate and ginger which give us even more depth.

Very complex nose with an almost perfect balance between it all….splendid.
Smak
MOUTH:

Big, full-bodied mouthfeel with an oily texture and almost as complex as the nose.
Still sweet of sherry, sultanas but now more spicy of oak, ginger and liquorice which almost slap you in the face and wake you up
from the trans of the nose. I real wakeup call if I maj say so, but in a really good way.
Coffee, cocoa and the oak makes it a bit dry but not to dry.
Fat and powerful with a good balance.
Avslut
FINISH:

Long and full-bodied finish with some more dryness off coffee, cocoa and dark chocolate but it “smoothed” out a bit with the sweetness from sultanas, dried plums but still more dry compared to the taste.
Light orange in the background and it ends up in a fat texture of coffee, sherry and ashes.
Beskrivning / Sammanfattning
CONCLUSION:

Vey pricy (around € 1800 at auction) but very lovable…I hate when that happens don´t you J
I´ve got the chance to try it out twice and it gained a point this time. I´ve also tried the 1974 for LMDW (thx Stefan)but it wasn´t at the same time as this and I didn´t take any notes…just plain enjoyment.
I can´t tell which one of these are the best but I hope I can get back to you about that sense I still have a sample of this 27yo.

So no “Most Bang for the Buck” this time but still a wonderful meeting
Var denna recensionen till någon hjälp? 

Kommentarer

Ordna 

ornament

Online Whisky People!

Gå med nu, det är gratis!

Om TasteNote.se

TasteNote är en mötesplats för whisky-intresserade. Här kan du träffa nya vänner, läsa om whiskynyheter, hitta olika whisky-evenemang och mässor, läsa de senaste från dryckesindustrin och sist men inte minst skriva och ta del av tastenotes.

Vårt mål och ambition är att erbjuda alla whiskyentusiaster runt om i Norden en plats att samlas kring och dela erfarenheter.

Bli medlem nu!

info@tastenote.se